References and Notes
- Hillman, C. Entropy on the world wide web. ( http://www.mdpi.org/entropy/entropyweb/).Denbigh, K.G. Brit. J. Phil. Sci. 1989, 40, 323–332. ( http://www.endeav.org/evolut/text/denbig1/denbig1e.htm).Lowe, J.P. Entropy: conceptual disorder. J. Chem. Educ. 1988, 65, 403–406. [Google Scholar] [PubMed]Lambert, F.L. The second law of thermodynamics. ( http://www.secondlaw.com/index.html).
- (a) Shannon, C.E. A mathematical theory of communication. Bell Sys. Tech. J. 1948, 27, 323-332; 379-423. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] (b) Claude E. Shannon’s classic 1948 paper [2a] is now available electronically: Shannon, C.E. A Mathematical Theory of Communication. ( http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/ms/what/shannonday /paper.html).
- Lin, S.-K. Understanding structural stability and process spontaneity based on the rejection of the Gibbs paradox of entropy of mixing. J. Mol. Struc. (Theorochem) 1997, 398, 145–153. [Google Scholar]Lin, S.-K. Gibbs paradox of entropy of mixing: Experimental facts, its rejection, and the theoretical consequences. J. Theoret. Chem. 1996, 1, 135–150. (This paper in pdf format can be downloaded at http://www.mdpi.org/lin/lin-rpu.htm). [Google Scholar]Lin, S.-K. Molecular diversity assessment: Logarithmic relations of information and species diversity and logarithmic relations of entropy and indistinguishability after rejection of Gibbs paradox of entropy of mixing. Molecules 1996, 1, 57–67. (This paper in pdf format can be downloaded at http://www.mdpi.org/lin/lin-rpu.htm). [Google Scholar]Lin, S.-K. Correlation of entropy with similarity and symmetry. J. Chem. Inf. Comp. Sci. 1996, 36, 367–376. [Google Scholar]
- (a) Based on his observation of the so-called "order out of chaos" examples, Pregogine himself also questioned the validity of the second law of thermodynamics; see Prigogine's comments in the paragraph regarding the second law of thermodynamics in his Nobel lecture [4b]. (b) Prigogine, I. Time, structure, and fluctuations. Science 1978, 201, 777–785. [Google Scholar] (c) For an early critique, see: Lin, S.-K. Time symmetry and thermodynamics. Comp. Math. Applic. Int'l. J. 1991, 22(12), 67–76. [Google Scholar]
- However, all contributions on Prigogine's dissipative structure theory are still welcomed based on our editorial policy.
© 1999 by MDPI. All rights reserved.