- Health Sciences Authority (Registration of Pharmacies; http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/Health_Products_Regulation/Manufacturing_Importation_Distribution/Overview/Audit_Licensing_and_Registration_Of_Pharmacies.html)
- Singapore Pharmacy Council (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/spc)
- Therapeutics Products Division (http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/Health_Products_Regulation/Western_Medicines/Overview.html)
- Pharmaceutical Society of Singapore (PSS; http://www.pss.org.sg/)
- Pharmacy Specialists Accreditation Board (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/psab)
- Medical and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA; https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/medicines-and-healthcare-products-regulatory-agency)
- The European Medicines Agency (http://www.emea.eu/)
- General Pharmaceutical Council (http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/registration/registration-pharmacy-premises)
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (http://www.rpharms.com/home/home.asp)
- Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union (https://www.pgeu.eu/en/pgeu/members.html)
- British National Formulary for Children (https://about.medicinescomplete.com/publication/british-national-formulary-for-children/)
- Therapeutic Goods Administration, Department of Health and Aging (http://www.tga.gov.au/)
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia (http://www.guild.org.au/)
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (http://www.psa.org.au/)
- International Health Care System Profiles-Australia (https://international.commonwealthfund.org/countries/australia/)
- Clinical Information Access Portal of New South Wales (login required; https://www.ciap.health.nsw.gov.au/browse/paed.html)
6. South America
- Brazilian Society of Pharmacists and Community Pharmacies (https://sbffc.org.br/)
- Support Program for Pharmaceutical Care in Healthcare (http://www.cff.org.br/userfiles/file/_PROFAR_kit_Livro_corrigido.pdf)
- National Health Surveillance Agency (http://portal.anvisa.gov.br/)
Conflicts of Interest
Appendix A. Additional Useful Websites on Collaborative Practice and Regulation
- IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. Advancing responsible use of medicines: applying levers for change. 2012. Available online: http://pharmanalyses.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Advancing-Responsible-Use-of-Meds-Report-01-10-12.pdf (accessed 5 April 2019).
- FIP Stakeholder Roundtables-Ensuring more responsible medicines use—the pharmaceutical
- profession takes the lead ensuring more responsible medicines use. 2012 Oct 2&4; Amsterdam, The Netherlands: International Pharmaceutical Federation. Available online: https://centennial.congress.pharmacy/files/static/FIP_Roundtables_Final.pdf (accessed 23 January 2019).
- European Directorate of the Quality of Medicines & Healthcare. Pharmaceutical care—policies and practices for a safer, more responsible and cost-effective health system. Strasbourg: Council of Europe; 2012. 62 p. Available online: http://www.edqm.eu/medias/fichiers/policies_and_practices_for_a_safer_more_responsibl.pdf (accessed 23 January 2019).
- Innovative Medicines Initiative [Internet] European Union. Available online: http://www.imi.europa.eu/ (accessed 23 January 2019).
- Transatlantic Taskforce on Antimicrobial Resistance (TATFAR). [Internet] European Union and United States. Available online: http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/activities/diseaseprogrammes/TATFAR/Pages/index.aspx (accessed 23 January 2019).
- The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance—options for action. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2012. ISBN: 9789241503181. Available online: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2012/9789241503181_eng.pdf (accessed 23 January 2019).
- Additional Comments from Ministries of Health. Ministers Summit on The Benefits of the Responsible Use of Medicines-setting policies for better, cost-effective healthcare. 2012 Oct 3; Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Available online: http://www.government.nl/ministries/vws (accessed 23 January 2019).
- Fathelrahman, A.; Ibrahim, M.; Wertheimer, A.I. (eds.). Pharmacy Practice in Developing Countries: Achievements and Challenges. London: Elsevier (2016). Available online: https://0-www-sciencedirect-com.brum.beds.ac.uk/science/article/pii/B9780128017142020013 (accessed 23 January 2019).
- International Pharmaceutical Federation. 2009 FIP Global Pharmacy Workforce Report. Available online: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s16373e/s16373e.pdf (accessed 5 February 2019).
- World Health Organization. Survive and Thrive: Transforming Care for Every Small and Sick Newborn; Key Findings. WHO/FWC/MCA/18.11. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO; World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2018; Available online: https://www.unicef.org/every-child-alive/Survive-and-Thrive_KEY_FINDINGS_FINAL.pdf. (accessed on 22 January 2019).
- UNICEF. Convention on the Rights of the Child. 4 November 2014. Available online: https://www.unicef.org/crc/index_30160.html. (accessed on 22 January 2019).
- Revised Procedures for Updating the WHO Model List of Essential Drugs: A Summary of Proposals and Process; World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2001; (Working Document EB109/8/Inf.Doc./2); Available online: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s22165en/s22165en.pdf (accessed on 23 January 2019).
- IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. Draft of Technical Paper for the Ministers Summit 3rd October 2012: The Benefits of Responsible Use of Medicines—Setting Policies for Better and Cost-Effective Healthcare. Available online: https://centennial.congress.pharmacy/files/static/REPORT_MINISTERS_SUMMIT_-_English_version_final.pdf (accessed on 23 January 2019).
- Ministers Summit on The Benefits of the Responsible Use of Medicines—Setting Policies for Better, Cost-Effective Healthcare; Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 3 October 2012. Available online: www.fip.org/centennial (accessed on 23 January 2019).
- International Pharmaceutical Federation. Reference Paper on Collaborative Practice. 2009. Available online: https://www.fip.org/www/uploads/database_file.php?id=319&table_id= (accessed on 12 February 2019).
- Koehler, T.; Brown, A. A global picture of pharmacy technician and other pharmacy support workforce cadres. Res. Soc. Adm. Pharm. 2017, 13, 271–279. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy. About Clinical Pharmacists. What Do Clinical Pharmacists Do? Available online: https://www.accp.com/about/clinicalpharmacists.aspx. (accessed on 22 March 2019).
- Gray, A.; Riddin, J.; Jugathpal, J. Health Care and Pharmacy Practice in South Africa. Can. J. Hosp. Pharm. 2016, 69, 36–41. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- South African Pharmacy Council. Competency Standards for Pharmacists in South Africa. 59 The Pharmacy Act (53/1974): 2018 Competency Standards for Pharmacists 41621. 2018 Competency Standards for Pharmacists in terms of Section 33(o) of the Pharmacy Act, 53 of 1974. Available online: https://www.pharmcouncil.co.za/media/default/documents/BN59_2018_Competency_Stds_20180511.pdf (accessed on 28 January 2019).
- South African Pharmacy Council. Scopes of practice and qualifications for specialist pharmacists. Board Notice 152 of 2014. Gov. Gaz. 2014, 38327, 1–71. [Google Scholar]
- Ministry of Health. Government of Singapore. Pharmacy Specialists Accreditation Board. Criteria for Specialist Pharmacist Accreditation. Available online: http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/psab/specialist-accreditation/criteria-for-specialist-pharmacist-accreditation (accessed on 30 January 2019).
- Royal Dutch Pharmacists Association. Charter Professionalism of the Pharmacist. 2012. Available online: https://www.knmp.nl/professie/professioneel-handelen/handvest-van-de-apotheker-1/charter-professionalism-of-the-pharmacist (accessed on 31 January 2019).
- Briefing Paper. Ministers Summit on The Benefits of the Responsible Use of Medicines—Setting Policies for Better, Cost-Effective Healthcare. 3 October 2012; Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport & Utrecht WHO Collaborating Centre for Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmaceutical Policy Analysis: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2012. Available online: http://www.government.nl/ministries/vws (accessed on 23 January 2019).
- Hazen, A.C.M.; de Bont, A.A.; Boelman, L.; Zwart, D.L.M.; de Gier, J.J.; de Wit, N.J.; Bouvy, M.L. The degree of integration of non-dispensing pharmacists in primary care practice and the impact on health outcomes: A systematic review. Res. Social Adm. Pharm. 2018, 14, 228–240. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Van der Zanden, T.M.; de Wildt, S.N.; Liem, Y.; Offringa, M.; de Hoog, M. Dutch Paediatric Pharmacotherapy Expertise Network NKFK (Nederlands Kenniscentrum voor Farmacotherapie bij Kinderen). Developing a paediatric drug formulary for the Netherlands. Arch. Dis. Child. 2017, 102, 357–361. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain. Standards for Pharmacy Professionals. May 2017. Available online: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2a9eeb21f465e0931a30e5d65/files/4bd64f7f-4101-49db-806e-6d1715405f47/Council_papers_indpendent_prescribers.pdf (accessed on 28 January 2019).
- General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain. Implementing revised Education and Training Standards for Pharmacist Independent Prescribers. 6 December 2018. Available online: https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/sites/default/files/standards_for_pharmacy_professionals_may_2017_0.pdf (accessed on 28 January 2019).
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Guidelines in Practice. Medicines Optimization: Shared Decision-Making with Patients is Key. 2016. Available online: https://pathways.nice.org.uk/pathways/medicines-optimisation. (accessed on 28 January 2019).
- Pharmacy Council of New Zealand. Standards and Guidance for Pharmacist Prescribers: Safe and Effective Pharmacy Practice. Available online: https://www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz/Portals/12/Documents/prescribers/Pharmacist_Prescriber_Standards_July2013.pdf?ver=2017-02-20-130511-963 (accessed on 28 January 2019).
- Pharmacy Council of New Zealand. Pharmacist Prescribers. Available online: https://www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz/Portals/12/Documents/prescribers/Pharmacist%20Prescriber%20Scope%20of%20Practice%20Logo%20update%20Jan2018.pdf?ver=2018-01-17-094226-357 (accessed on 28 January 2019).
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia. Professional Practice Standards. 2017. Version 5. pp. 52–95. Available online: https://www.psa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Professional-Practice-Standards-v5.pdf (accessed on 12 February 2019).
- Melo, A.C.; Galato, D.; Maniero, H.K.; Frade, J.C.Q.P.; Palhano, T.J.; da Silva, W.B.; João, W.S.J. Pharmacy in Brazil: Progress and challenges on the road to expanding clinical practice. Can. J. Hosp. Pharm. 2017, 70, 381–390. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Pharmaceutical Services Directly Aimed at the Patient, Family and Community: Contextualization and Conceptual Framework; Conselho Federal de Farmácia: Brasília, Brazil, 2016; Available online: www.cff.org.br/pagina.php?id=778&menu=778&titulo=Publica%C3%A7%C3%B5es (accessed on 23 January 2019).
- Quirino da Costa, P.; Rey, L.C.; Coelho, H. Lack of drug preparations for use in children. Brazil. J. Pediatr. (Rio J.) 2009, 85, 229–235. [Google Scholar]
© 2019 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).