Agricultural Economics, Policies and Rural Management
A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section “Agricultural Economics, Policies, and Rural Management" aims to publish cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research that advances understanding of issues and challenges in the broadly defined areas of agricultural economics, development policies, and rural management. The audience of this Section is global and the Section welcomes articles from a diverse range of theoretical perspectives and methodological approaches that engage with and contribute to sustainable agricultural and/or rural development. The focus is on economic analysis and policies relevant for agricultural and/or rural sectors. Articles addressing contemporary issues dealing with agriculture and food economics, development policies, ICT, agribusiness, climate change, sustainable agriculture, productivity and efficiency, poverty and sustainable livelihoods, rural–urban migration, and rural management are especially welcomed. The Section also welcomes critical reviews and syntheses of current state of affairs in agricultural economics, policies, and rural management.
agricultural economics and policy; food economics and food security; productivity and efficiency; technological progress in agriculture; sustainable agriculture; circular economy in agriculture; agribusiness and marketing; climate change; ICT in agriculture; rural management; poverty and sustainable livelihoods
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Agricultural Food Marketing, Economics and Policies (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Challenges of Contemporary Agriculture, Rural Areas and Agri-Food Supply Chain under Conditions of Uncertainty (Deadline: 20 December 2021)
- Agricultural Cooperative in the Face of the Challenges of Globalization, Sustainability and Digitalization (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Agricultural Food Security and Economic Analysis (Deadline: 20 February 2022)
- The Role of Agriculture in Addressing Food Security, Ecological Sustainability and Quality of Food (Deadline: 20 February 2022)
- Innovative Organization of the Supply Chain to Promote the Circular and Green Economy (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- Developing the Evidence Base for Rural Development Policies and Interventions to Address Novel and Emerging Societal Problems (Deadline: 15 March 2022)
- Agricultural Safety and Health Culture (Deadline: 20 May 2022)
- Ecological Restoration and Rural Economic Development (Deadline: 10 June 2022)