Ecosystem, Environment and Climate Change in Agriculture
A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
Over the last decades, food production has increased considerably. However, with the increase in world population, agriculture is facing a considerable challenge: producing more in a more sustainable way. Additional knowledge and background information are needed about the relationships between agricultural intensification and sustainability, natural resources exploitation and environmental impact, innovative food systems and ecosystem services.
The Section “Ecosystem, Environment, and Climate Change in Agriculture” focuses on original research and reviews on interactions between agriculture, ecosystems, environment, and climate change. Within this framework, studies concerning the sustainable and efficient use of resources, the optimization of agricultural processes, environmental impact assessment and mitigation, and the sustainable exploitation of by-products and waste are welcome, as are other related topics in the form of both specialized and interdisciplinary manuscripts.
sustainable crop production; ecosystem services; mitigation solutions; life cycle assessment; impact assessment; precision agriculture and livestock; water–energy–food nexus
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Strategies for Nitrous Oxide Emission Mitigation in Agrosystems (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Biodiversity in Fruit Orchards (Deadline: 20 January 2022)
- Harnessing the Potential of Invertebrate Decomposers in Circular Agriculture (Deadline: 20 January 2022)
- Efficient Utilization of Biomass Resources in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 March 2022)
- Impacts of Pesticides on Soil and Environment (Deadline: 20 March 2022)
- Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 May 2022)
- Plant–Soil–Microorganism Interaction in Grassland Agroecosystem (Deadline: 25 May 2022)
- Modeling the Adaptations of Agricultural Production to Climate Change (Deadline: 20 June 2022)
- Genomes, Molecular Breeding and Conservation of Bumblebee (Deadline: 30 June 2022)