Genotype Evaluation and Breeding
A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section "Genotype Evaluation and Breeding" aims to publish high-quality scientific contributions providing novel insights into the impact of methods, tools, and analysis for plant breeding trials. We will consider for publication research manuscripts and reviews on phenotyping methods, genotype-by-environment interactions, genotype stability across sites or over years, optimum plot size and shape, appropriate number of environments (sites, seasons or years) and replications for breeding trials, plus the use of multi-trait selection index in breeding. Research on association genetics (GWAS) and genomic prediction (GEBV) based on replicated multi-environment trials, as well as using best linear unbiased estimators (BLUEs) or predictors (BLUPs), and co-ancestry as covariate in breeding trials are especially welcome. We request the submission of articles providing novel omics data on genotype-by-environment interactions and phenotypic stability or plasticity. We encourage the scientific community to provide significant and innovative contributions to enhance our knowledge on genotype evaluation (including phenomics and handling of big data) for further use in breeding and cultivar development.
Association genetics; BLUEs, BLUPs, genotype-by-environment interaction; GEBV, GWAS, multi-enviroment testing; cultivar development; field plot techniques; multi-trait selection index; omics; phenomics; phenotyping methods; plasticity; stability analysis
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Vegetable Crops Breeding for Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Quality Traits (Deadline: 10 December 2021)
- Genetic Diversity of Medicinal and Aromatic Crop (Deadline: 20 January 2022)
- Breeding and Genetics to Shape Rice Production Systems in the New Climatic Scenario (Deadline: 20 January 2022)
- Molecular Quantitative Genetics Applied to Plant Breeding (Deadline: 15 February 2022)
- Advances in Genetics and Molecular Breeding of Crops (Deadline: 25 April 2022)
- Molecular Markers and Marker-Assisted Breeding in Wheat (Deadline: 25 April 2022)
- QTL Mapping for Yield and Quality Traits in Crops (Deadline: 15 May 2022)
- Application of Bioinformatics Technology in Fruit Trees Study (Deadline: 10 June 2022)
- Biotechnology of Horticultural Crops (Deadline: 15 June 2022)
- Genomics, Genetic/Cell Engineering and Breeding Biotechnology of Fiber Crops (Deadline: 20 September 2022)