A section of Antibiotics (ISSN 2079-6382).
The Plant-Derived Antibiotics Section of the journal Antibiotics publishes original research and review articles reporting on antimicrobial effects of phytochemicals. The purpose of this Section is to address the need for new and complementary antimicrobials from plant sources. In particular, but not exclusively, the Section invites contributions reporting on:
- The isolation, structure elucidation, and antimicrobial (antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic) characterization of phytochemicals.
- Synergistic effects of phytochemical components, either combination of components, or enhancement of the activities of known antibiotics.
- Structure–activity relationships of antimicrobial phytochemicals.
- Antimicrobial effects of characterized essential oils.
- Application and practical use of antimicrobial phytochemicals in stored products, foods, or medicinal preparation (in vitro or in vivo).
- Ethnobotanical studies of anti-infectious herbal medicines with clear relation to the chemical composition of the material.
Manuscripts reporting on the screening of crude plant extracts will not normally be considered for publication in this Section. Manuscripts dealing with zone-of-inhibition assays will not normally be considered for publication; biological activities should be further quantified by MIC, IC50, or other statistical determinations.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Plants, Algae and Fungi Extracts: Promising Resources in the Fight against Pathogens (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Antimicrobial Properties of Phytocomplexes and Isolated Compounds (Deadline: 1 July 2021)
- 10th Anniversary of Antibiotics—Recent Advances in Plant-Derived Antibiotics (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Development and Application of Plant Antimicrobial Substance (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Antimicrobial Activity of Natural Products and Plants (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Antibacterial Activity of Plant Extracts and Essential Oils - 2nd Volume (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Antiprotozoal Activity of Natural Products (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Phytocompounds with Antimicrobial Activity: from Discovery to Application (Deadline: 16 December 2021)
- Natural Antimicrobial Products from Plants and Fungi: Current Knowledge and Future Prospects, 2nd Edition (Deadline: 16 December 2021)
- Antimicrobial Plant Extracts and Phytochemicals, 2nd Volume (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Antimicrobial Activity of Essential Oils (Deadline: 31 March 2022)