Special Issue "Antibiotic-Resistance, Determinants, Prevention, Clinical Implications and Stewardship"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (1 December 2020).
Interests: Preclinical models, bacterial drug-resistance determinants, stewardship, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics
As the incidence of bacterial resistance to antibiotics continues to increase, multi-faceted research is necessary to combat difficult-to-treat infections and improve patient outcomes. Characterization of bacterial antibiotic-resistant genotypes/phenotypes assists drug discovery and develomental research, guides clinicians to devise optimal therapy regimens, provides insights into infection prevention and control, as well as impacts stewardship policies. All of which are aspects contributing to better patient care. The following types of research would be applicable for this special issue:
- Basic laboratory or animal research focusing on antibiotic resistance among gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria: characterization, development or prevention
- Advances in diagnostic methodoligies for early detection of antibiotic-resistant genotypes and phenotypes
- Case reports describing novel antibiotic resistance mechanisms
- Surveillance studies detailing prevelance of antibiotic resistance
- Evaluation of stewardship policies and strategies
- Review articles summarizing recent literature pertaining to antibiotic resistance
- Clinical trials or retrospective analyses investigating treatment outcomes for patients with infections due to antibiotic resistant phenotypes
Dr. Kamilia Abdelraouf
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Antibiotics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Drug development
- Antibiotic resistance evolution
- Phenotypic identification
- Genotypic identification
- Antibacterial stewardship
- Resistance mechanisms
- Patient outcomes