Special Issue "Antimicrobial Stewardship"
A special issue of Antibiotics (ISSN 2079-6382).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2015).
Antibiotics is an open access, peer-review, multi-disciplinary journal encompassing the general fields of biochemistry, chemistry, genetics, microbiology and pharmacology. The Antibiotic Stewardship issue will consist of 10-15 manuscripts, which may include original research, review articles, case series and opinion papers.
Any antibiotic stewardship related topics will be accepted, and specific areas of interest include:
- Novel methods to promote appropriate antibiotic utilization
- Disease-based antimicrobial stewardship
- Influence of antibiotic utilization changes on antibiotic resistance
- Impact of antimicrobial stewardship on quality performance measures and patient outcomes
- Review of specific controversial stewardship issues that have major impact on utilization, cost or resistance
- Collaborative practice agreements in antimicrobial stewardship
- Antimicrobial stewardship in special populations (e.g., pediatrics, geriatrics, emergency medicine, hematology/oncology)
- Antimicrobial stewardship in alternative settings (e.g., community practice, long-term care, resource limited, small and rural hospitals)
- Risk-stratified approach to treating common infections in hospitalized patients
- Role of antimicrobial stewardship in managing medication shortages
- Building a business model for antimicrobial stewardship
Dr. Jerod Nagel
Dr. Angela Huang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Antibiotics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.