Special Issue "Feature Paper in Antibiotics for 2019"
A special issue of Antibiotics (ISSN 2079-6382).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2019).
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Interests: antibiotic administration (particularly pharmacokinetics); pharmacodynamics; clinical trials
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Antibiotics: Antibiotic Usage in Acute Situations
In order to acknowledge the excellent work of prominent reviewers and authors in Antibiotics, we provide a waiver to referees who have provided valuable review reports and authors of popular papers. All those participants can publish a paper free of charge in 2019. The scope of this Special Issue includes, but is not limited to
- Advances in research on new and current antibiotics and related bioactive medicinal agents;
- Antibiotic administration, drug–drug interactions and pharmacodynamics;
- Biochemical and genetics studies on microorganisms to produce improved antibiotics;
- Uses of antibiotics, including on animals and in agriculture;
- Clinical trials;
- New methods for assaying and evaluating antibiotics;
- Production and characterization of antibiotics;
- Classes of antibiotics;
- Antibiotic resistance and misuse;
- Natural antibiotics;
- Epidemiology of antimicrobial use;
- Antimicrobial stewardship;
- Qualitative and quantitative research exploring the determinants of antimicrobial use and resistance;
- Prescribing sciences
Prof. Dr. Jeffrey Lipman
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Antibiotics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.