- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), Ei Compendex, GEOBASE, Inspec, CAPlus / SciFinder, Astrophysics Data System, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: CiteScore - Q2 (Environmental Science, miscellaneous)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 14.3 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3.6 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Testimonials: See what our authors say about the Atmosphere.
- Companion journal: Meteorology.
2020 MDPI Top Reviewer Award—Winners Announced
MDPI Joins SDG Publishers Compact
Atmosphere | New Section “Air Pollution Control” Established
Deadline: 5 November 2021
Deadline: 17 December 2021
Deadline: 15 January 2022
Deadline: 19 March 2022
Deadline: 20 October 2021
Deadline: 4 November 2021
Deadline: 15 November 2021
Deadline: 25 November 2021