BioMedInformatics is an interdisciplinary, scientific open access journal whose mission is to promote multidisciplinary research and educational approaches that are essential for computational science in biology and medicine. It presents methods and results based on computer science and related fields that enable the extraction of information from biomedical data and the transfer of this information into knowledge, thereby promoting data-driven, scientific approaches. The focus of BioMedInformatics is on novel methods and computational workflows for data-driven solutions to biomedical problems, and the weight of this focus is at least equal to that of reporting on the specific biomedical results currently obtained with these methods.
We accept manuscripts on all aspects of biomedical informatics and computational biology, and medical care from all biomedical fields, including anatomy, biomodelling, cancer biology, evolutionary biology, genomics, neuroscience, neuropsychiatry, pharmacy and pharmacology, pharmacometrics, and physiological medicine.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Genome and sequence analysis;
- Gene and protein expression;
- Genetics and population analysis;
- Comparative genomics;
- Computational functional genomics;
- Protein dynamics and function;
- Data and text mining;
- Databases and ontologies;
- Analysis and modeling of complex systems;
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in bioinformatics;
- Network analysis;
- Translational informatics.
- Clinical applications of informatics in all medical fields;
- Clinical system designs and implementations;
- Clinical big data;
- Genomics in clinical care;
- Omics in clinical care;
- Clinical trial informatics.
- Picture archiving and communication system (PACS);
- Radiology information system;
- Computer-aided diagnosis (CAD);
- 3D tissue visualization;
- Functional imaging in biomedicine;
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in medical imaging.
Public Health informatics
- Consumer health informatics;
- Health care records;
- Hospital information systems;
- National or international registration systems and electronic medical record systems.
Computational Biology and Medicine
- Development and application of data—analytical and theoretical methods;
- Mathematical modeling;
- Computational simulation techniques;
- Systems biology.
Pharmacological data science
- Modeling-based and computational pharmacometrics;
- Computational systems pharmacology;
- Computer-aided drug discovery, design, and development;
- Omics for drugs discovery and repurposing.
Methodological papers on data science, with the explicit presentation of their utility for biomedical datasets, including
- Structural and quantitative approaches to classification, clustering, and pattern recognition;
- Modeling of complex data, mining of large datasets;
- Knowledge discovery in biomedical knowledge bases and datasets.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
BioMedInformatics is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in BioMedInformatics will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.