Biophysica (ISSN 2673-4125) is an international, peer-reviewed, scientific, open access journal that aims to understand in quantitative terms how biological systems function using methods and techniques borrowed from the physical and chemical sciences and applied mathematics. Our aim is to provide a multidisciplinary forum to communicate, discuss and integrate all the aspects of modern biophysical sciences and engineering in a broad sense.
Biophysica publishs the results of scientific research articles, comprehensive reviews, communications, conference reports, letters, commentaries, editorials, etc. We encourage scientists to publish their experimental, theoretical, and computational results in as much detail as possible, as a regular submission or in a Special Issue. For all articles, the full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. In terms of scope, Biophysics is interested in the following areas:
- Structure and Dynamics of Biomolecules and Their Assemblies: proteins, nucleic acids, biological membranes and supramolecular assemblies;
- Biomolecular Machines: enzymes, motors, channels, receptors, transporters, circadian clocks, and other biological nanomachines;
- Genetics and Gene Expression Mechanisms: genome architecture, chromatin structure and dynamics, gene expression, DNA repair, genome editing, epigenetics;
- Cell Biophysics: electrophysiology, cell division, signaling and migration, cell differentiation, tissue organization and tissue engineering;
- Biophysical Techniques and Instrumentation: methods for the high-resolution structural and dynamic analysis of biomolecular systems, single-molecule spectroscopy and manipulation, biological imaging methods and applications, biosensor engineering and design;
- Theory and Modeling of Biological Systems: applications of statistical mechanical modeling, computer simulations, or methods for the quantitative analysis of large biological datasets aiming at the rationalization or prediction of experimentally measured phenomena.
Other areas of interest are:
- Biomechanics, Sensing and Signaling;
- Quantitative Systems Biology;
- Bioengineering, Nanotechnology and Biomaterials;
- Quantum biology.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Biophysica is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Biophysica will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.