Special Issue "Communication, Computing, and Networking in Cyber Physical Systems"
A special issue of Computers (ISSN 2073-431X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2021.
The IEEE International Workshop on Communication, Computing, and Networking in Cyber Physical Systems will take place in association with IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2021), June 14–18 2021, Montreal, Canada. For more information about the conference, please use this link: https://sites.google.com/site/ccncps/.
Selected papers that are presented at the workshop will be invited to submit their extended versions to this Special Issue of the journal Computers after the conference. Submitted papers should be extended to the size of regular research or review articles, with at least 50% extension of new results. All submitted papers will undergo our standard peer review procedure. Accepted papers will be published in open access format in Computers and displayed together on the Special Issue website. Accepted extended papers will be free of charge. There are no page limitations for this journal.
We also invite regular related to the latest challenges, technologies, solutions, techniques and fundamentals pertaining to communication, computing, networking and control. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- CPS in the design of next-generation communication systems
- Distributed and decentralized systems: Blockchain and smart contracts
- Emerging computations in smart cities: technologies, challenges, and solutions
- Real-time sensing, reasoning and adaptation for CPS
- Cloud-integrated CPS
- Evolutionary computing for CPS
- Design theory for CPS
- CPS security and privacy
- Computation models for CPS
- Addresses computation issues in CPS
- Verification and formal methods for CPS
- Mobile sensors in CPS
- Design and performance optimization in CPS
- Adaptive control in CPS
- Distributed computing in CPS
- Autonomous systems and UAVs
- Communication and networking for CPS
- Applications of CPS on e-Health
- Optimizing computing and communication resources for CPS
- Safety-critical, dependable, fault-tolerant of CPS
- Highly networked architectures for interconnected CPS
- Communication and infotainment systems in CPS vehicles networks
- CPS industrial applications
- Networking for intelligent mobility and transport infrastructures
- Sensor networks for CPS
- Intelligent and collaborative methods for CPS
- Sustainability and environmental issues of energy management
- Social computing technologies in CPS
- New testing and validation tools and application for CPS
Dr. Amjad Gawanmeh
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Computers is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.