Special Issue "Blockchain Data Analytics: Methodologies and Applications"
A special issue of Computers (ISSN 2073-431X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2021.
Interests: blockchain; distributed systems; social networks
Due to the proliferation of blockchain technologies and applications, the complexity and the volume of data stored on these distributed ledgers are currently increasing.
The analysis of huge amounts of data collected from blockchain is currently an active research area. This Special Issue calls for papers focused on emerging research challenges in blockchain data analytics.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Graph representation of blockchain transactions
- Blockchain data analysis
- Blockchain and big data
- Temporal analysis of blockchain systems evolution
- Cryptocurrencies price trend prediction, correlation analysis, and market sentiment detection
- Application of graph analysis to transaction graphs
- Smart contract analysis and classification
- Illicit activities (e.g., scam and ransomware) detection and tracking
- Deanonymization techniques
- Tokens and other crypto assets classification
- Analysis of blockchain users/entities influence and behavior
- Study of external sources (e.g., social media) influence on blockchain events
- Blockchain data visualization
- AI-based blockchain analysis
- Non-blockchain-based DLTs analytics
- P2P communication network analysis and modeling
Dr. Laura Ricci
Dr. Damiano Di Francesco Maesa
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Computers is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Distributed systems
- Social network analysis