Crystals 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award (500 CHF)
The journal Crystals (MDPI, Switzerland, ISSN 2073-4352, https://www.mdpi. com/journal/crystals) is inviting applications for the Crystals 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a Ph.D. student who is about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis defense. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee consisting of senior scholars from the Crystals Editorial Board.
a. The candidate must be a Ph.D. student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defense.
b. The Ph.D. thesis must be original work.
c. The Ph.D. thesis must be defended between 1 September 2020, and 30 November, 2021.
d. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
– An executive summary of the Ph.D. thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
– A letter from the Ph.D. supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the Ph.D. thesis; – A scanned copy of the Ph.D. diploma.
– Quality of resume and publications.
– Relevance of the candidate and research description.
– Novelty of the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis.
– Strength of the recommendation letter.
– Anticipated academic potential.
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (CHF 500).
– Offer to publish a featured paper in Crystals with the article processing charge (APC) waived before the end of 31 August 2022. The winners will be announced on the journal website in December 2021.
How to apply?
– Please submit your application online.
The application deadline is 30 November 2021. The winner will be announced on the Crystals website by the December 2021.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.