Special Issue "Entropy and Its Applications across Disciplines III"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2022.
Interests: industrial design; entropy; fuzzy logic; computer-aided design (CAD); axiomatic design; MaxInf principle
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Interests: spectral theory; inverse problems; variable domain eigenvalue problems; “shape” optimization
In modern research, many problems are characterized by complexity and dependence on multiple parameters. The entropy of a system is a direct measure of its complexity. Other complexity-related mathematical functions include the Hurst exponent, long-range correlation, fractals, stochastic processes, probability, and fuzzy probability. These models may be seen in various fields of science, such as physics, engineering, mechanics, biology, economics, and some more mathematical applications.
The aim of this Special Issue is to discuss, from both theoretical and applied points of view, the physical and engineering properties of the entropy- and complexity-based models arising in nature and applied sciences.
Topics of interest are given below, and papers related to these fields are welcome:
- entropy and complexity of mathematical models with fractional and integer order;
- new analytical and numerical methods in the analysis of problems where entropy and complexity are the main features;
- entropy and complexity in computational methods for differential models;
- entropy and complexity in engineering, fluid dynamics, and thermal engineering problems, as well as problems related to physics, applied sciences, and computer science;
- deterministic and stochastic fractional order models;
- entropy and complexity models in physics and engineering;
- entropy and complexity in analytical and numerical solutions;
- nonlinear dynamical complex systems;
- entropic measure of epistemic uncertainties.
Dr. Francesco Villecco
Prof. Dr. Yusif S. Gasimov
Prof. Dr. Nicola Cappetti
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Entropy is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Entropy and Its Applications across Disciplines II in Entropy (10 articles)
- Entropy and Its Applications across Disciplines in Entropy (15 articles)