We are pleased to announce that applications for the Gastroenterology Insights 2021 PhD Thesis Award are now open. This prize will be awarded to a PhD student who is about to graduate or participate in their graduation thesis defense. All applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee led by the Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Joseph D. Feuerstein, and Associate Editor, Dr. Alessandro Granito.
a. The candidate must be a PhD student about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis defense.
b. The PhD thesis must be original work in the area of gastroenterology or hepatology.
c. The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 January 2021 and 31 September 2021.
d. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
– An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, around 3000 words;
– A letter from a PhD supervisor that recommends the candidate for consideration for this award;
– The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
– An electronic copy of the PhD thesis.
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (600 CHF).
Please submit your application materials, via the website, by 31 October 2021. The winner will be announced on the Gastroenterology Insights website by the end of December 2021.
Gastroenterology Insights Editorial Office