A section of Genes (ISSN 2073-4425).
The focus of the Section “Bioinformatics” is on research advances in computational biology and genome bioinformatics with applications in molecular biology and medicine. The emphasis is on the development of novel computational/statistical/analytical methods (and databases) for the modeling and analysis of all types of biological data, including but not limited to:
- Sequencing and genotyping;
- Transcriptomics, regulation, and epigenetics;
- Population and statistical genetics;
- Evolutionary and comparative genomics;
- Biological networks;
- Systems biology.
Papers in this section are expected to represent significant advances to bioinformatics that would be of interest to a broad audience.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Bioinformatics Analysis for Diseases (Deadline: 20 March 2022)
- Transcriptomics and Bioinformatics in Precision Medicine (Deadline: 5 April 2022)
- Discoveries in Sequencing Data Analysis (Deadline: 20 May 2022)
- The Non-coding RNAs: Sequence, Structure and Function (Deadline: 25 May 2022)
- State-of-Art in Forensic Genetics (Deadline: 25 June 2022)
- State-of-Art in Newborn Screening (Deadline: 15 August 2022)