Special Issue "Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) and Osteoimmunology"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2022.
Musculoskeletal research helps to determine the biological, biochemical, and biomechanical mechanisms involved in the repair and regeneration of soft tissues and bone. It involves the training and treatment of musculoskeletal components i.e muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bones. This research aims to:
- Improve human musculoskeletal conditions, including inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue disease, osteoarthritis, and pain.
- Utilize advanced diagnostic methods and clinical assessments for the treatment of musculoskeletal (muscle and joint) conditions.
- Study the cell and developmental biology of bone and skeletal muscle, regenerative medicine, skeletal neurobiology, and pathogenesis of common developmental, degenerative, inflammatory, and neoplastic disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Treat musculoskeletal pain with exercise (therapeutic exercise for musculoskeletal injuries).
- Explore how exercise can help maintain a healthy muscular system as the body ages.
- Implement intelligent physical exercise training.
Both reviews and articles related to the topic are welcome. Since IJMS is a journal of molecular science, pure clinical studies will not be suitable for our journal. However, clinical submissions with biomolecular experiments are welcome.
Prof. Hechmi Toumi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Molecular Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. There is an Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal. For details about the APC please see here. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.