Special Issue "Imaging Vascular–Immune Interactions"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2021).
Imaging Vascular–Immune Interactions
This Special Issue is focused on the multiple ways in which different cellular components of the immune system interact with the vasculature (blood and lymphatic vessels), as unveiled by intravital/live imaging. These interactions are critical for the systemic recirculation of leukocytes and trafficking through tissues to monitor for immunological insults, which might require immediate innate responses and/or adaptive immunity.
The topics covered include a wide range of processes, including but not limited to:
- Leukocyte extravasation in many different contexts, such as the deployment of leukocytes into peripheral tissues during homeostatic homing, inflammation, infections or cancer, as well as their entry into lymphoid organs.
- Leukocyte egress from peripheral tissues and lymphoid organs via lymphatic endothelium and, less commonly, through blood endothelium.
- Perivascular immune cells (certain macrophage subsets, mast cells, …) and their role in vascular biology and immunopathology.
- Vascular immunosurveillance and intravascular immunity developed by specialized subsets such as Kupffer cells, iNKT, T effectors, patrolling monocytes, neutrophils or platelets.
Review manuscripts from experts in all these fields will be considered for publication.Dr. Olga Barreiro
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Molecular Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. There is an Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal. For details about the APC please see here. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- leukocyte-endothelium interaction
- tissue egress
- intravascular immunity
- perivascular immunity
- intravital imaging
- live cell imaging