Special Issue "Big Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning in Marketing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 February 2022.
The ubiquity of customer data resulting from purchases being made increasingly via digital channels such as websites, digital applications, and mobile phones and advances in the ability to capture data associated with virtually all transactions is revolutionizing marketing and sales. Marketers are using a variety of technologies and statistical techniques including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to gleam insights from big data and make real-time decisions. These developments are improving efficiency in how firms acquire customers and deliver customized products. Meanwhile, consumer exposure to powerful personal technologies such as social media and mobile applications is changing customer shopping behavior and decision-making.
This Special Issue of the Journal of Informatics aims to improve understanding of the unfolding role of big data analytics (BDA), artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning in marketing strategy and customer decision-making. Well-prepared papers approved for publication may be eligible for discounts at the Editorial Office’s discretion. We welcome submissions on data-driven marketing related to the following topics:
- New models and applications of predictive modelling, AI, and Machine learning to marketing issues;
- AI and data-driven decision-making implications for brand and product management;
- How big data analytics is changing personal selling and salesforce management;
- Customer data privacy and customer value personalization complementarity and trade-offs;
- Customer trust and skepticism of data-driven personalization and AI;
- Big data and AI in retailing: logistic economies, predictive personalization and customer value;
- BDA and AI implementation impact on the marketing organization and decision making;
- Big data, AI, and machine learning implications for service interactions, service failure and recovery;
- The role of AI and machine learning in pricing, promotional offers, and adverting;
- Ethics and social justice issues is AI and machine learning;
- Algorithm and data bias: unearthing embedded prejudices and social injustices against customers.
Dr. Devon S. Johnson
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Informatics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.