Special Issue "New Applications in Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 October 2021.
Interests: multi-criteria decision making; maintenance; assessment systems; benchmarking; health care organizations
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) techniques have been used successfully in many real-world problems. For example, in the fields of logistics, finance, environment, diagnostics, technology selection, etc. However, due to the revolution driven by Industry 4.0, with new breakthroughs in data integration, devices, knowledge techniques, innovation, management and technology, which underlines growing digitalisation and cooperative coordination between productive units in the economy, there are new concepts which do not utilize MCDA, and which would be greatly advanced by including these techniques in decision processes. A similar revolution is happening in education, which is increasingly heading towards e-learning and web-based learning, and the management of industrial assets.
All MCDA techniques are welcome, especially combined techniques, the inclusion of fuzzy sets or group decision making. The application of minority techniques, or ones that improve on those traditionally used, are also encouraged.
The scope of this issue is applications in MCDA in new fields, subjects, or recent advances related to Industry 4.0, IoT or big data, e-education, etc.; that is, subjects which have recently undergone substantial change and where MCDA techniques have not yet been included in the decision processes.
Dr. María Carmen Carnero
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Applications in health care organizations
- Applications in service industries
- Applications in Industry 4.0
- Applications in circular economy
- Applications in new methodologies or technologies in education, e-learning and web-based learning
- Applications in asset management
- Applications in Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud
- Applications in IoT data access and integration
- Applications in data security, privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Applications in benchmarking
- Applications in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Applications in big data
- Applications in security and health and safety at work
- Applications in ethical and moral conflicts related to Industry 4.0
- Applications in defense and military
- Application in social engineering
- Applications in corporate social responsibilities
- Applications in risk and uncertainty management
- Applications in software and apps