A section of Medicina (ISSN 1648-9144).
Oncology is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer, as well as the understanding of the biology that lies behind the transformation of a normal cell to a cancerous one and the subsequent development of malignant neoplasias.
The section “Oncology” of the journal Medicina is devoted to the propagation of novel findings, advances and state-of-the-art knowledge in the field of oncology, including all fields of cancer research, the research that aims to identify causes and develop strategies for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of cancer. Towards this aim, this section will cover advances in all related disciplines like molecular bioscience, epidemiology, performance of clinical trials and their applications like in surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and immunotherapy, as well as combined treatment modalities, such as chemo-radiotherapy or chemo-immunotherapy.The primary aim of this section is thus to advance the knowledge in the field of oncology covering basic, translational and clinical cancer research progress and keeping the scientific community up-to-date, as the management and treatment of cancer is a rapidly changing and evolving field.
- cancer biology (initiation, progression)
- cancer genetics (oncogenomics)
- cancer treatment (drug discovery and development, novel therapeutic approaches)
- nanomedicine in cancer
- cancer causes and development
- cancer prevention and screening
- cancer diagnosis
- cancer prognosis
- cancer care (palliative care, cachexia)
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Diagnosis and Treatment of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Intracranial Aneurysms: Pathophysiology, Treatment Strategies, and Tailored Approaches (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Modern Radiotherapy in Current Oncology (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- The Glioblastoma Multimodal Treatment in the Molecular Era (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- Impact of Anesthetics on Cancer Behavior and Outcome (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- New Therapeutic Horizons for Pituitary Tumors (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Therapeutic Landscapes in Colorectal Carcinoma (Deadline: 25 June 2022)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: