Metabolites (ISSN 2218-1989) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal of metabolism and metabolomics. Metabolites publishes original research articles and review articles in aspects of metabolites and metabolism relevant to the fields of metabolomics, metabolic biochemistry, computational and systems biology, biotechnology and medicine. We strongly suggest that all submissions have a substantial focus on the measurement, analysis or biological roles of metabolites, metabolic biomarkers or metabolic pathways.
Metabolites encourages scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. Therefore, there is no restriction on article length. Sufficient experimental details must be provided to enable the results to be accurately reproduced. Electronic material representing additional figures, materials and methods explanation, or supporting results and evidence can be submitted with the main manuscript as supplementary material.
ScopeTopics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- identification, structure elucidation and quantification of endogenous and exogenous metabolites in unicellular and multicellular organisms, including lipidomics, cheminformatics and computational chemistry methods in metabolomics;
- progress in methods for biological sample preparation for biomarker and metabolic profiling studies;
- advances in data processing and data analysis concerned with low-molecular weight metabolites detection, identification and curation;
- experimental and computational advances in the analysis of metabolic flux;
- downstream effects of genetic and environmental perturbations on metabolite levels and fluxes;
- computational advances relevant to understanding of metabolic processes and metabolic networks;
- applications of these technologies in the clinical laboratory, including understanding of metabolic diseases, biomarker discovery, inborn errors of metabolism, identification of toxins and pollutants;
- applications of these technologies in agriculture and industry, including plant metabolomics and microbial metabolomics.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Metabolites is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Metabolites will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.