Micro (ISSN 2673-8023) is an international and multidisciplinary scholarly open access journal. It publishes comprehensive reviews, original scientific research articles, communications, case reports, letters, commentaries, and editorials on microscale and nanoscale researches in chemistry, physics, biology, biochemistry, medicine, engineering, nanotechnology, biotechnology, optics, materials science, electronic science, etc. Thus, theoretical and experimental articles will be welcomed. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental or methodical details, or both, must be provided for research articles. Computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material.
Micro covers studies related to the following topics:
- Microscale Chemistry: microanalysis; microreactors; microstructure; microscale peptide chromatography; microscale separations; etc.
- Microscale Physics: microfluidics; microscale heat transfer; microchannels; microscale electronic science; etc.
- Microscale Biology: immunofluorescence; microenvironments; microscale biotechnology; NMR; microscope imaging; microscale bioanalysis; microscale biosensing; microscale bioprocessing systems; etc.
- Microscale Engineering: micromachinery; microscanners; micro- and nanomotors; microbiorobotics; etc.
- Microscale Medicines: microscale drug delivery systems; cell-based microscale technologies; microscale medical devices; microscale thermophoresis; etc.
- Microscale Materials Science: nanotechnology; microscale hydrogels; microstructural degradation; microscale fillers; etc.
- Microscale Models
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Micro is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Micro will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.