Nanomanufacturing (ISSN 2673-687X) is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes reviews, original research papers, communications, letters, and short notes that are relevant to any field of study involving the fabrication of miniaturized devices or objects, their scalability, and their eventual industrial production. This journal focuses on all aspects of lithographic methods aimed at the submicron- to nanoscale; fabrication and integration of nanostructures, nanomaterials, and surfaces into functional devices; the exploitation and control of self-organization phenomena for patterning; and the further application of the created structures and devices in physical, biomedical, chemistry, environmental science, and life science experiments.
- Micro- and nanoelectromechanical systems (MEMS and NEMS);
- Plasma surface engineering, plasma etching, and laser surface engineering;
- 3D nanomanufacturing, 3D printing, and 3D bioprinting;
- Photonic and plasmonic devices;
- Nanoelectronic devices, wearable electronics, flexible electronics, and paper electronics;
- Energy-harvesting devices;
- Lab-on-a-chip and other nanofluidic devices (for separation, reaction, sensing, and other functions);
- Miniaturized devices for biology, chemistry, health, and medicine, including nanobiosensors;
- Integration of processes and technologies to build nanodevices or nanosystems with added functionality;
- Synthesis and/or preparation of nano-objects and nanomaterials (e.g., quantum dots, nanotubes/nanowires, 2D materials);
- Assembling nanoscale objects and materials into more complex structures (e.g., DNA origami-directed assembly, 2D-based heterostructures and superlattices);
- Scanning probe based fabrication techniques, single-atom manipulation, single-molecule manipulation, chemistry on surfaces;
- Physical sensors;
- Self-assembly and combinations of top-down and bottom-up nanofabrication;
- Integrated circuit fabrication, electronic components miniaturization;
- Nanopatterning and lithography, including nanoimprint and roll-to-roll nanoimprint lithography;
- Integration of design and manufacturing based on topology optimization and additive manufacturing;
- Nanometrology and ultraprecision measurement science and technology;
- Methods to monitor manufacture at the nanoscale (e.g., optical methods, spectroscopic techniques, scanning probe microscopies)
- Tools and processes for rapid prototyping, nanomanufacturing, and atomic manufacturing;
- Nanofabrication and nanostructures for art and culture;
- Design algorithms for multiscale manufacturing.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Nanomanufacturing is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Nanomanufacturing will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.