The science of nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics is important because of its great potential to improve health at the individual, genetic-subgroup and population level. The application of this science in the Asia-Pacific region is still in its infancy and the knowledge base is small. The great cultural and genetic diversity in the Asia-Pacific region makes the task of improving knowledge in these fields even more challenging. Therefore, there is a need to bring together researchers and health professionals into a collaborative framework to foster this novel field of science and develop proper tools for its translation into practice.
- Promote the science of nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration amongst researchers, clinicians and nutrition industry working in this field in our region.
- Organisation of the biennial Asia-Pacific Nutrigenomics & Nutrigenetics conference.
- A thriving and collaborative nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics research community in the Asia-Pacific region
- Consumers have a better understanding of the science of nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics and how it could be used to benefit their health and well-being
- Health professionals are properly educated and accredited to utilise nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics science responsibly and appropriately in their practice
- Nutrition Industry is better informed to provide safe and effective products appropriate for personalised nutrition.
A short text about CIBM and its logo will follow soon.
The European Sport Nutrition Society (ESNS) brings together researchers and experts of sport nutrition. The company focuses on all aspects correlated to sport nutrition, also investigating the dietary, physiological, biochemical, molecular, epidemiological, psychological and motivational aspects all related to sport performance, exercise and overall general well-being.
The ESNS aims to examine the various aspects and analyze the emerging problems in this research area, contributing to their resolution and to the dissemination of accurate information on sport nutrition to the general public.
The ESNS engages in a relationship of active collaboration with Italian and foreign scientific Associations and Companies and with Federations of national and international scientific Companies. The Association provides for the cooperation with various public health institutions of the different countries and the promotion of clinical trials and scientific research studies.
The ESNS is non-profit-making and does not pursue trade-union, political or religious objectives, but has purely educational, training and research purposes in the area of sport nutrition and physical exercise.
The International Chair for Advanced Studies on Hydration (CIEAH) was founded in 2016 and was developed from the legacy of the European Hydration Institute. The CIEAH comes under the auspices of the Research Institute of Biomedical and Health Sciences (IUIBIS), of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC).
CIEAH’s aim is to develop and promote research projects on human hydration and healthy lifestyles, with the following objectives:
- To organize and conduct training activities for professional development, such as courses, seminars or lectures in the field of hydration.
- To prepare reports and conduct technical studies related to hydration in the context of promoting healthy lifestyles.
- To promote scientific research to better understand the hydration role on health, well-being and physical and cognitive performance.
- To support monograph publications and technical papers on related topics.
- To facilitate the exchange of information, opinions and knowledge about hydration among scientists, health professionals and also among the population in order to help them lead a healthy lifestyle, especially in Spain and Latin America
- To conduct sociological research to better understand current consumer knowledge, attitudes and behavior toward hydration.
- To develop tools to improve research and development of recommendations on hydration.
- To promote the importance of maintaining an adequate level of hydration and provide information to improve awareness and knowledge about good hydration practices, especially in those people at risk of being inadequately hydrated (e.g., there are specific hydration needs during pregnancy, while breastfeeding, physical activity, childhood and for the elderly people).
- To collaborate with other institutions to advance research on hydration and applied knowledge in order to assist and support health professionals and at-risk populations.
The activities of the CIEAH will be beneficial to the community in the area of human hydration, stimulate the flow of knowledge and technology between universities, research institutions, companies and markets, promoting development and encouraging innovation.
The Italian Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (SIGENP) is composed of medical specialists in Pediatric Nutrition, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, with about 550 members.
The main purposes of SIGENP are the following:
- to spread pediatric gastroenterological culture through the scientific training of young researchers and the updating of pediatricians;
- to promote studies and research on the digestive tract, liver, pancreas, and nutrition in pediatric age, with a strong impetus for inter-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary relationships;
- to promote the development and standardization of innovative methodologies, research and clinical application; to spread the knowledge of the social importance of chronic diseases of the digestive system in pediatric age;
- to develop scientific relations with other Italian and International Societies, including those dealing with basic disciplines, with an interest in gastroenterology, hepatology and pediatric nutrition;
- to promote forms of scientific cooperation with the industry for the realization of institutional goals.
SIGENP cooperates with the most important Pediatricians, members of the Italian Society of Pediatric (SIP).
SIGENP is an integral part of the Italian Federation of Scientific Societies and Professional Associations of the Pediatric Area (FIARPED).
The activities of the Society are supported by 2 Commissions (Search and Training) and 6 Area Divisions.
The Nutrition Society of Australia (NSA) is a group of qualified, practising scientists and educators from diverse disciplines who are brought together by a common interest in the research and application of nutrition. Our focus is mutual scientific support of members and the science of nutrition. Our aim is to be at the hub of Australian nutrition related sciences and industries. The Society’s core goal is to increase and communicate the scientific value and relevance of nutrition science in Australia.
The Nutrition Society of New Zealand (NSNZ) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the support and advancement of nutrition as a scientific field.
The Nutrition Society provides a platform for collaboration and cohesion among those working and studying in the animal, plant and human nutrition. Our members include people working within hospitals, schools, universities, industry and government. Many of our members are registered Nutritionists but also include dietitians and health educators, clinicians and health professionals, food technologists and food scientists, vets and animal scientists, academics, teachers and students.
We have established a trusted structure for the registration of Nutritionists to ensure credibility of the profession within New Zealand. Through our annual scientific meetings we provide an occasion for members to share research and results, to network and for professional training.
The aims of the Society are:
- To promote sound, ethical, safe and effective research in nutritional sciences
- To develop sound practice in nutrition for public good
- To effectively communicate the benefits of good nutrition
- To provide foster discussion and exchange information on nutrition related subjects and provide a forum for discussion.
- To promote professional development of members
The Ocular Wellness & Nutrition Society (OWNS) is an authoritative group of thought-leading eye-care professionals and scientists dedicated to educating eye doctors and patients alike about the importance of wellness and nutrition for optimal visual performance and ocular health, including the prevention and management of chronic eye disease. Our members include representation from optometry, ophthalmology, PhD, MD, CNS, Schools of Optometry faculty and students, and are located both in the United States and abroad. Our members deliver hundreds of hours of online and live continuing education programs, and many are prolific writers and contributors in the larger scientific community.
FEN, since its creation in 1984, has had the objective to study, advance the knowledge and, overall, improve the nutrition of Spaniards, for which it coordinates scientific and industrial organizations in research tasks in the field of nutrition, promoting the communication between science and industry.
Its social purpose is defined in Article 6 of its statutes:
"The Spanish Nutrition Foundation aims to study and improve the nutrition of Spaniards. To do this, it will promote coordination between scientific organizations and the food industries in everything related to nutrition and its promotion. To do this, it will participate in the preparation and permanent dissemination of documents on the different situations of existing problems in the nutritional field. It will contribute to facilitate and ensure the exchange of information and opinions between scientific and industrial circles."
The Spanish Nutrition Society (SEÑ) was founded in 1978 to promote the development, innovation, research and education of Nutrition in Spain.
The Society organizes scientific meetings and seeks other means of establishing and maintaining contact between Spanish nutritionists and between them and other foreign scientists.
The Society seeks to establish relationships with other Spanish Nutrition Societies, as well as with Nutrition Societies from other countries, as this can effectively contribute to the development of Nutrition and the scientific work of its associates.
The SEÑ is part of international Nutrition organizations, such as the Federation of European Nutrition Societies (FENS) and the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS).
The Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (SENC) is a scientific society and non-profit organization, whose purpose is the promotion of education, improvement, and professional progress in the field of community nutrition, the dissemination of this specialty, and the encouragement and organization of teaching and research activities in the field of Community Nutrition, Food, and Diet, with the ultimate goal of fostering healthier eating habits and lifestyles in the Spanish population on the basis of scientific evidence and in line with the consensus recommendations of the international scientific community, while stimulating interactive collaborations involving health professionals, public administrations, agri-food industry professionals, the media, and other key actors.