Sustainable Water Management
A section of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050).
Sustainable water management means to ensure using water in a way that meets both current and future socio-economical ecological demand. This section is aimed at improving the development and utilization of sustainable water resources management to meet increasing water demand worldwide. This section will provide information for water managers for managing water by applying sustainable solutions with a foreseeable risk.
- Sustainable water resources management and governance:
water demand management; water resources system monitoring and modelling; water resources protection and planning; water economics, water allocation and water recycling; water harvesting; river basin closure; regional and international water-related policy.
- Water and wastewater treatment:
wastewater reuse; water purification; domestic and industrial wastewater treatment.
- Sustainable urban water management:
Drainage and water management in urban areas under extreme weather condition; hydro system assessment and analysis; integrated urban water resources management.
- Sustainable water management and food production:
water use and irrigation in agriculture aquaculture; hydroponics and aquaponics; water–food–energy nexus.
- Water and energy sustainability:
hydropower; integrated water–energy nexus footprint studies; energy supply that depends on water use; water supply that depends on energy.
- Water and sustainable human development and interaction:
water supply and sanitation; public health issues related to water quality; social impacts of water security and poverty.
- Water and sustainable ecosystems:
aquatic ecology; aquatic ecosystems; wetlands; environmental water-related issues, environmental degradation, preservation; restoration.
- Sustainable applications in hydrology and hydraulics:
hydrodynamic and design of drainage systems, water bodies and catchments; soil water; design and analysis of water supply; surface–groundwater interactions.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Economics and Governance of Sustainable Urban Water Management (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- The Future of Hydropower: Sustainable Practices, Innovative Technologies and New Scientific Insights (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Sustainable Solutions for the Reduction, Monitoring and Management of Plastic Waste in Freshwater Ecosystems (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Nature-Based Solutions for Water Management from Pilot to Standard (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Technologies for Sustainable Wastewater Treatment and Sewage-Sludge Management (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Sustainable Crop Management and Water Footprint (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Landscape, Water, Ground, and Society Sustainability under Global Change Scenarios (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Sustainable Groundwater Resources Management (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Water, Wastewater Treatment, and Sustainable Development (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Emerging Frontiers, Processes and Technologies for Water Sustainability (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Sustainable Water Resource Management (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- The Vulnerability and Resilience of Water Flow and Storage in Cold Regions to Climate and Vegetation Changes (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Water Resources and Sustainable Development: Social, Economic, Psychological and Educational Perspectives (Deadline: 15 January 2022)
- Improving the Sustainability of Water Infrastructures towards a Net-Zero Status (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Individual and Synergistic Impacts of Climate Change on Water Quantity and Quality (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Influence of COVID-19 Spread on the Water System (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Land and Water Degradation in Catchments: The Role of Remote Sensing for Assessment and Management (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Adaptation to Climate Change Through Sustainable and Integrated Crop-Soil-Water-Livestock Diversification: A Nexus Approach (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- Sustainability in Water Supply and Smart Water Systems (Deadline: 14 March 2022)
- Wastewater Reuse and Sustainability (Deadline: 15 March 2022)
- The Food–Energy–Water Nexus: Boundaries, Processes, and the Circular Economy (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- Hydrologic and Water Resources Vulnerability and Resilience in a Changing Climate (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- Sustainable Development: Water, Energy and Food (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Prospects in Sustainable Water Management (Deadline: 5 May 2022)
- Treatment for Industrial Organic Pollutants in Water: Application of photocatalytic technology (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Water–Energy Nexus in Urban Infrastructure Systems (Deadline: 20 June 2022)
- Sustainable Water Resource Management and Agricultural Production under Ongoing Environmental Changes (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- Water Security and Resilience (Deadline: 20 August 2022)
- Green Technologies for Urban Water Management (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Protecting Vulnerable Water Resources by Integrated Wastewater Management (Deadline: 1 September 2022)
- Sustainable Water Resource Management in a Changing Climate (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Wastewater Treatment and Purification (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Research and Technology for Water & Wastewater Management in a Sustainable Environment (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Microbial Bioremediation of Heavy Metals for Soil and Water Conservation (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Sustainable Groundwater Management–the Role of Hydrogeology, Remediation, Risk Assessment, and Climate Change (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Sustainable Management of Water and Environment with the Aid of Advanced Computing Methods (Deadline: 28 February 2023)