Special Issue "Sustainable Crop Management and Water Footprint"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Interests: water productivity; agricultural water management; agricultural systems; systems thinking
You are invited to contribute to the Special Issue of Sustainability that is focused on sustainable crop management and water footprints.
Water has become one of the most limiting resources for crop production. The water footprint is an indicator that covers both direct and indirect water use in products or production processes. Research on water footprints of different cropping systems not only informs further improvements in water use efficiency and water productivity but also facilitates sustainable cropping industries. This Special Issue of Sustainability is intended to serve as a platform for sharing research findings and insights into any of the following topics:
- Water footprint accounts of different cropping systems
- Strategies, practices, and techniques to reduce water footprints of different cropping systems
- Insights of managing cropping systems to reduce water footprints in different cropping systems
- Using water footprints to inform sustainable crop management
- Using water footprints to facilitate further improvements in water productivity and water use efficiency
- The dynamics interactions between water footprints, water productivity, and water use efficiency in cropping systems
- The social, economic, and environmental implications of all the abovementioned aspects
Contributions of either theoretical or empirical research are welcomed. Contributions on topics other than those mentioned above but that are closely related to sustainable crop management and water footprints are also of interest.
Dr. Daowei Sun
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- sustainable agriculture
- sustainable crop management
- water footprint
- water productivity
- water use efficiency
- agricultural water management
- irrigated cropping systems
- rainfed/dryland cropping systems
- agricultural resource management