A section of Toxics (ISSN 2305-6304).
The Environmental Epidemiology section of Toxics is focused on the presentation of studies on human health effects of environmental exposure to toxicants. This section invites submission of high-quality original research, reviews, and commentaries on all aspects of associations between toxicant exposure and human health outcomes including but not limited to neurological, reproductive, endocrine, cardiovascular, or immunological outcomes. The exposures may include environmental or occupational studies of exposure to, e.g., industrial chemicals, pesticides, metals, smoking, and alcohol. Studies on health effects after exposure in all life stages, including the prenatal period, are welcome.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Exposure and Effects of Environmental Pollution on Vulnerable Populations (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Prenatal Exposures and Children’s Health (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- Early Childhood Health Effects of Prenatal Exposures in Low and Middle Income Countries (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- Association of Environmental Exposures with Mental and Cognitive Health (Deadline: 20 April 2022)
- Early Life Exposure to Persistent Organic Pollutants, a Particularly Sensitive Period (Deadline: 20 May 2022)
- Integrated Effects of Air Pollutions and Climate Change on Human Health (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Interaction and Intersection: The Effects of Environmental Exposures on Children's Health (Deadline: 30 June 2022)