About Urban Science
Urban Science (ISSN 2413-8851) is a scholarly international journal that provides a platform for the exchange of ideas, methods and information on urban and regional studies. It is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes high-quality original articles, critical reviews, research notes, and short communications. There is no restriction on the length of the papers.
The primary aim of this journal is to encourage scientists to publish their theoretical and empirical research relating to urban and rural development, the environment and its resources, the economy, policy, and communities.
- Urban environmental and resource controversies;
- Landscape and urban planning;
- Urban climatology;
- Urban health and welfare;
- Digitalization and smart cities;
- Application and prospect of remote sensing in cities;
- Future cities;
- Urban geography and land use;
- Urban transportation and mobility;
- Urban system and urban metabolism;
- Urban expansion and urban renewal;
- Urbanism and suburbanism;
- Urbanity and amenity;
- Infrastructure, the built environment, and architecture;
- Place making and community formation;
- Urban tourism, history and culture;
- Urban policy and governance;
- Urban and regional economic and political development;
- Urban social space and diversification;
- Globalization, urbanization and the development of rural and suburban regions;
- Urban–rural interaction and metropolitan integration;
- Climate change and urban disaster;
- Urban agriculture and regional food system;
- Urban waste management;
- Urban sustainability.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Urban Science is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Urban Science will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 25th, 430064 Wuhan , Hubei Province, China
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.