A section of Viruses (ISSN 1999-4915).
Viruses have a variety of interactions with insect hosts. The insect may be the primary host of the virus or may act as a vector to transmit viruses to alternative plant or animal hosts. Papers in the Insect Virus section of Viruses span all groups of viruses that infect insect hosts. Manuscripts that represent original and significant contributions to the Insect Virus field will be considered for publication across a broad range of topics, including virus structure and assembly; virus replication; host defense and immunity; host–virus interactions; viral pathogenesis; virus evolution and basic research on biological control. Most reviews are invited; unsolicited reviews may be considered at the discretion of the Section Editor.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Bluetongue Virus (BTV) (Deadline: 20 December 2021)
- Viruses in Mass-Reared Invertebrates (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Arbovirus Discovery (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- State-of-the-Art Insect Viruses Research in China (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Virus-Vector Interactions (Deadline: 30 August 2022)
- Diversity of RNA Viruses in Arthropod (Deadline: 30 September 2022)