Viruses of Plants, Fungi and Protozoa
A section of Viruses (ISSN 1999-4915).
The types of articles that will be considered for this section include: reviews, regular research papers, and communications.
Scope of research topics for this section: Virus structure and assembly; Virus gene Expression; Virus Replication; Genome structure and evolution; Viral vectors; Host immunity. Mechanistic studies are particularly encouraged. Phylogeny and/or epidemiology studies will be considered if they meet the criteria for acceptability: Manuscripts should describe original results that provide new insights and contribute substantially to the field.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Host Factors in Plant Viral Infections (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- State-of-the-Art Cereal Virus Diseases in Asia and European Countries (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Advances in Oomycete Virus Research (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- State-of-the-Art Plant–Virus Interactions in Asia (Deadline: 20 December 2021)
- Plant Virus Surveillance and Metagenomics (Deadline: 22 December 2021)
- State-of-the-Art Plant Virus Research in Australia (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Genomics of Giant Viruses (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Seed-Borne and Seed-Transmitted Viruses (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Molecular Plant-Virus Interactions (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Genomics in Plant Viral Research (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Diversity and Coinfections of Plant or Fungal Viruses (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- State-of-the-Art Plant Virus Research in China (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: