Special Issue "Antibodies and B Cell Memory in Viral Immunity"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Interests: generation of MHC class I peptide ligands from defective ribosomal products (DRiPs) and other endogenous antigens; cell biology of specialized and non-canonical protein translation; defining mechanisms of influenza A virus evolution and antigenic variation in viral glycoproteins; understanding immunodominance in B-cell and antibody responses to influenza A virus
Interests: antibody; B cell; immunodominance; influenza; viral immunity; immune memory; humoral immunity
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
The aim of this Special Issue is to present focused reviews on recent advances in understanding:
- The basic immunobiology responsible for primary and memory B cell and antibody responses to acute viral infections;
- Contributions of various immune cell types in classical germinal center response and extrafollicular response;
- The diversity and immunodominance of antiviral antibody responses;
- How antibodies exert antiviral activity in vivo;
- Direct effects and contributions of Fc expressing innate immune cells;
- How antibody selection contributes to viral evolution;
- Viral interference with B cell immunity;
- Computational modeling of Ab responses.
Dr. Jonathan Wilson Yewdell
Dr. Davide Angeletti
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Viruses is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- antibody immunodominance
- B cells
- memory B cells
- follicular dendritic cells
- follicular T helper cells
- germinal center
- humoral immunity
- influenza virus
- viral evolution