A section of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
The Section “Digital Agriculture” aims to advance scientific knowledge in the field of information technologies applied to agriculture. The section welcomes original papers and review articles that provide new insights into smart sensors and networks, automation and control systems, modeling, decision support systems, machine vision, image processing, telemetry, small medium and big data, data mining and analytics, and all of the hardware and software technologies that promote knowledge, sustainability, and the quality and profitability of agricultural operations. Attention will be given to field as well as laboratory experiments, to simulations and models on smart agricultures including, but not limited to, cereals and industrial crops, greenhouses, fruit orchards, vineyards, horticulture, and animal husbandry.
Agricultural researchers, biologists, data scientists, engineers, and information technology researchers are encouraged to provide significant and innovative contributions to promote digital transformation in agriculture.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Application of Decision Support Systems in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 December 2021)
- Leveraging Remote Sensing Technologies to Estimate Crop Production: From Local to Global Applications (Deadline: 20 December 2021)
- Internet and Computers for Agriculture (Deadline: 15 January 2022)
- Selected Papers from the 2021 IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry (MetroAgriFor 2021) (Deadline: 20 January 2022)
- The Application of Machine Learning in Agriculture (Deadline: 10 February 2022)
- Sensors Applied to Agricultural Products (Deadline: 20 February 2022)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 February 2022)
- Remote-Sensing-Based Technologies for Crop Monitoring (Deadline: 20 March 2022)