Special Issue "Smart Camera System in Agriculture"
A special issue of Agriculture (ISSN 2077-0472).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2017).
Interests: biosystems automation; ANN/DCNN for optimization; Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Agriculture; FPGA-based camera; hyper/multi-spectral imaging; soil mapping with UAV/UGV; animal behaviour monitoring
Research activities on the development and application of smart camera system in agricultural machinery have been increasing in recent years. Smart camera systems play an important role in increasing production efficiency, and simultaneously minimizing energy costs and environmental impact. For this Special Issue, the topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Smart camera applications for cropping system
- Smart cameras for agricultural product quality control
- Live-stock behavior analysis using smart cameras or image processing
- 3D-object detection using smart cameras in agriculture
- Advanced hardware for smart cameras, which includes, but is not limited to, embedded smart camera systems in agriculture, hardware based smart cameras in agriculture, FPGA or DSP based smart cameras in agriculture, etc.
- Advanced algorithms for smart cameras, which includes, but is not limited to, artificial intelligence for smart cameras in agriculture (artificial neural networks, deep learning, and advanced algorithms for smart cameras in agriculture)
- Smart cameras for agricultural automation or robotics
Dr. Young Ki Chang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Agriculture is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- smart camera
- 3D-object detection
- hardware for smart camera
- artificial intelligence in agriculture