Carbon Materials and Carbon Allotropes
A section of C (ISSN 2311-5629).
The Carbon Materials and Carbon Allotropes section of C is dedicated to the publication of original research and development studies on all fundamental and applied aspects of the synthesis/processing, structure/composition and properties of carbon materials including all forms of graphite, diamond, and all carbon nanostructures including fullerenes, graphene, nanobuds, and nanotubes and their related structures such as ribbons or yarns. Papers on other carbon forms such as glassy carbon, nanofoams, and other less common structures of carbon synthesized or obtained by first-principles calculations or modeling are also welcome. Applications in sensors, electrochemistry, energy storage and conversion, catalysis, electronics, health, biologicics and medicine, the environment and sustainable development, scale-up of industrial processes, and composite materials are also of interest.
Manuscript submissions are encouraged but not limited to the following overarching areas.
• Nanocarbon; Graphene, Nanotube, Fullerene
• Carbon Fibers and Composites
• Cokes, Coals and Carbon Blacks
• Diamonds and Carbides
• Carbonization and Graphitization
• Preparation, Physical Properties, Characterization, Simulation and Modelling
• Electrochemistry and Applications
• Adsorption, Reactivity and Catalysis
• Environmental Applications
• Health, Biological and Medical Applications
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Carbide Derived Carbons (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Batteries: The New Frontier for Carbon Materials (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Carbon-Based Materials in the Application of Energy Storage System (Deadline: 15 July 2021)
- Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Carbon Gels (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Equilibrium and Nonequilibrium Methods for Diamond and Graphene-Based Materials Synthesis for Nanoelectronics, Biomedical and Mechanical Applications (Deadline: 15 August 2021)
- Advanced Lightweight Composites for Electromagnetic Interference Shielding: Zero to Three-Dimensional Carbon Materials (Deadline: 20 August 2021)
- 3D Structure Carbon Materials (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: