Special Issue "Mobile Systems, Mobile Networks and Mobile Cloud: Security, Privacy and Digital Forensics"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (26 May 2017).
Interests: wireless networks; information security; digital forensics
Interests: edge computing; deep learning; security and privacy…
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Interests: ad-hoc networks; ad-hoc networks security; management, reliability, and performance specifically for optical and wireless networks
The use of smartphones and mobile devices has been an indispensable part of our everyday life and work. With personal financial and medical information and job-related data being processed on mobile systems, mobile networks, and mobile cloud, it is critically important that the development and advancement of secure mobile operating systems, secure mobile cloud and applications, secure mobile devices and cellular networks keep up with the ever-growing smartphone usage.
The scope of this Special Issue encompasses the security, privacy, and digital forensics of mobile systems, mobile networks and mobile cloud, including but not limited to Android, iOS and Windows Mobile operating systems, mobile device, systems and applications, the modelling, design and testing of mobile system, networks and cloud with security and privacy in mind, secure mobile methodologies and algorithms, and secure mobile applications as well as cellular networks. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following subject categories:
- Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile security and privacy
- Digital forensics on mobile operating systems, applications and smartphones
- Secure mobile application development
- Smartphone device/hardware security
- Mobile and cloud application security and digital forensics
- Mobile and cloud user authentication and authorization
- Multi-factor mobile and cloud authentication
- Mobile and cloud user privacy
- Intrusion detection and recovery on mobile OS, applications, smartphones and cloud
- 4G and 5G security
- Modeling, design and testing secure mobile cloud
- Secure algorithms and methodologies for mobile cloud
- Secure and efficient private mobile cloud
- Secure mobile cloud application design and development
- Vulnerability detection and remediation of mobile cloud
- Mobile and cloud device and applications management
Dr. Wenjia Li
Dr. Rami Haddad
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Mobile and cloud
- Digital forensics