A section of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601).
Oral diseases are the most common noncommunicable diseases affecting a considerable number of people worldwide. The overall quality oral health may impact people throughout their entire lifetime and significantly affects the quality of life (QoL) of patients, with relevant repercussions on healthcare systems.
Nevertheless, a strong association is widely recognized between several systemic diseases and oral health; thus, this mutual influence of oral conditions on general health may be a topic of public interest, involving the impact of local bacterial infections on systemic organs, as well as the role of inflammatory mediators in vascular impairments and heart failure.
A preventive approach can increase the strategies aimed at reducing oral issues that may have systemic side-effects. In this context, psychosocial factors, such as enhanced self-awareness, basic and specific knowledge, and attitudes toward dental health care in both pediatric and adult patients, may ensure improvements of general health status.
Preventive strategies should be investigated and applied in day-to-day work to reduce the negative consequences on individuals' QoL.
The section Oral Health aims to collect high-quality original articles, updated review articles, and scientifically sound perspective articles.
The submissions should mainly be addressed on the following topics:
- Oral diseases: prevention and treatment;
- Preventive and Community Dentistry;
- Pediatric Dentistry;
- Impact of oral conditions on systemic diseases;
- Education and knowledge in oral healthcare;
- New tools and devices for oral healthcare sustainability;
- Perspective on novel approaches and projects for improving awareness and knowledge of oral health in the worldwide population.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Economic Evaluation and Caries Prevention (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Biological and Mechanical Behaviour of Advanced Biomaterials and Oral Implants (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Dental Care for Elderly and Special Groups (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Oral Frailty and Oral Health Management (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Research, Investigation and Treatment on Oral Health (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- The Role of Three-Dimensional Diagnostic and Planning Tools in the Quality of Clinical Outcomes in Dentistry (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Oral Health Inequities Across the Lifecourse: Root Causes and Interventions (Deadline: 5 December 2021)
- Correlation between Food and Oral Health: Prevention, Diagnosis and Management of Linked Pathologies (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Oral Diseases with Orofacial Manifestations (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Tooth Loss and General Oral Related Health (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Quality of Life, Needs and Demands of Dentists, Students and Patients in the New Era of Modern Dentistry (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- The Chewing Efficiency in Elderly People Based on Their Cognitive Ability (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Perspectives on Social and Environmental Determinants of Oral Health (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Relationships between Oral Health Management and Systemic Health (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Oral Cavity in Pediatric Population as Target for Interdisciplinary Treatment (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Dentistry and Oral Health: A Global Perspective (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Dentistry and COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities for Providing Safe Care (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Health Services Research on Dentistry in Aged Society (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Dental Public Health: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities (Deadline: 31 January 2022)
- Oral Health and Connections to Mental and Physical Health (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- A Multidisciplinary Approach on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Orofacial Pain Associated to Temporomandibular Disorders (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Approach to Promoting Oral Health (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- New Advances in Dentistry (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Oral Health — Prevention, Diagnostics, Therapy and Quality of Life (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Ergonomics in Dentistry (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Oral Health and Dental Caries (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- Advances in Pediatric Dental Care in Relation to Public Health (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Oral Health and Health Promotion in the Digital Era of Dentistry (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- What Is a Healthy Oral Microbiome? (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Changing Dental Profession – Modern Forms and Challenges in Dental Practice (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: