- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), MathSciNet, Inspec, PubMed, PMC, Astrophysics Data System, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q2 (Physics, Multidisciplinary) / CiteScore - Q1 (Mathematical Physics)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 16.2 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3.4 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Testimonials: See what our authors say about Entropy.
- Companion journals for Entropy include: Foundations, Thermo and MAKE.
Open Access Week 2021 | It Matters How We Open Knowledge: Building Structural Equity, 25–31 October
Nobel Prize in Physics 2021 Jointly Awarded to Three Scientists for Shedding Light on Anthropogenic Climate Change and Other Complex Phenomena
2020 MDPI Top Reviewer Award—Winners Announced
Deadline: 25 February 2022
Deadline: 30 June 2022
Deadline: 31 December 2022
Deadline: 31 January 2023
Deadline: 30 October 2021
Deadline: 15 November 2021
Deadline: 30 November 2021
Deadline: 15 December 2021