Novel Antimicrobial Agents
A section of Antibiotics (ISSN 2079-6382).
Welcome to the Novel Antimicrobial Agents section. This section intends to cover and publish all aspects related to new antimicrobials. This section includes, but is not limited to, new antimicrobials, its modifications, new sources of antimicrobials, antimicrobial detection methods and alternative uses of antimicrobials, such as preservatives.
New uses or applications of common antimicrobials are welcome, as well as biological fight as the use of fagos or probiotic bacteria to control pathogenic bacterial populations everywhere, or even the use of new genomic tools to fight against pathogenic bacteria, including new mechanisms of antimicrobial action or mechanisms with effect against virulence factors of bacteria, as is the biofilm formation control.
Moreover, it welcomes reports on synergistic treatments which can increase the power of classical antimicrobials or enlarge the range of microorganisms covered. Likewise, the bacterial resistance development and resistance determinants to new compounds or the bacteria behavior regarding antimicrobial strategies are also in the scope of the section as well as the fight against multidrug resistant bacteria.
Finally, in the COVID-19 era, great attention is now being dedicated to the fight against viruses, particularly COVID-19, with new compounds or strategies to fight against the survival of these agents, or as therapeutic alternatives. This wide scope can attract a lot of new and exciting ideas for a better control of microorganisms in a densely populated world.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Design and Preparation of Antimicrobial Agents (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Novel Antimicrobials for Surfaces to Prevent Exposure to Pathogens (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Activities of Natural Compounds and Synthetic Derivatives: Pharmacological Screening and Mechanism of Action (Deadline: 1 October 2021)
- Biosurfactants as Antimicrobials: Antibacterial, Antifungal, and Anti-biofilm Activities (Deadline: 1 October 2021)
- Antimicrobial Agents Based on Metal Complexes: Present Situation and Prospects for the Future (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Antimicrobial Silver in Medicinal Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Synthesis and Biological Activity of Antimicrobial Agents (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Antimicrobial Activity of Extracts from Plant (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- The Quest for Novel Antimicrobials: From Chemical Synthesis and Discovery to Mechanisms of Action and Resistance (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Bacteriophage Lysins in the Era of Antibiotic Resistance (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Antimicrobial-Loaded Nanoparticles: Counteraction of Biofilm Formation and Antibiotic Resistance (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Research on the Pathogenesis of Candida albicans and Other Candida Species (Deadline: 28 December 2021)
- The Antimicrobial and Antivirulent Effects of Natural Products and Their Nanoparticles (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Selenium, Metals and Trace Elements in Novel Antimicrobial Compounds (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- New Biomolecules and Drug Delivery Systems as Alternatives to Conventional Antibiotics (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- 10th Anniversary of Antibiotics - Recent Advances in Novel Antimicrobial Agents (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Natural Antimicrobials and Alternatives to Antimicrobials (Deadline: 31 December 2021)