- Open Access— free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High Visibility: indexed within Scopus, SCIE (Web of Science), Ei Compendex, AGRICOLA, GeoRef, Astrophysics Data System, Inspec, dblp, and many other databases.
- Journal Rank: JCR - Q1 (Geosciences, Multidisciplinary) / CiteScore - Q1 (General Earth and Planetary Sciences)
- Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 16.1 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3.4 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2021).
- Recognition of Reviewers: reviewers who provide timely, thorough peer-review reports receive vouchers entitling them to a discount on the APC of their next publication in any MDPI journal, in appreciation of the work done.
- Companion journal: Geomatics
Welcoming New Section Editors-in-Chief of Remote Sensing
2020 MDPI Top Reviewer Award—Winners Announced
MDPI Joins SDG Publishers Compact
Deadline: 31 March 2022
Deadline: 30 April 2022
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Deadline: 20 June 2022
Deadline: 22 October 2021
Deadline: 31 October 2021
Deadline: 10 November 2021
Deadline: 1 December 2021